Lay sliced pears on a baking sheet, drizzle with honey and sprinkle with fresh thyme. Make Roasted Honey Pear Crostini where every bite is pure tantalizing sweetness! Use baguette or leftover crusty bread!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
1 Bartlett pear, thinly sliced
2 tsp honey
1 tsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
Salt and pepper
2 oz. goat cheese
1 small loaf crusty bread (or baguette)
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Thinly slice the pear, leaving the skin on (each pear about 3-4 slices each side), discarding the center, stem and seeds.
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. Lay each pear on the sheet. Drizzle with honey, and lightly salt and pepper each pear slice.
- Sprinkle with thyme. Bake for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, cut the crusty bread into slices and toast (or reheat). Spread the goat cheese on each piece.
- Remove the pears from the oven and lay each slice on one piece of toast.
- Place the crostini on a plate and immediately serve.
– Janis Merrill-Gipson, Cuisine & Décor Editor
Janis is a self proclaimed domestic diva, living in her hometown of Chicago, Illinois. Janis is a chef, who loves to cook, an interior decorator, art collector, jazz fan, and an avid reader. She believes there are many layers and components that comprise living an enriched life. And Janis is here to share tips.