Thai Mango Salad – Sarin’s Thai
- 1 large Thai green mango or unripe mango*
- 1 large red pepper
- a handful of Romaine lettuce leaves
- 2 green onions, white parts sliced finely
- 1 zuchini
- 1 red chilli pepper, diced finely
- handful of roasted cashews (or peanuts), chopped
- fresh coriander and/or mint, chopped + a few whole leaves for decoration
- 1/2 lb. cooked shrimp (optional, but suggested)
- 2-3 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 small garlic clove, pressed
- 2 tbsp tamari (for gluten-free version) or soy sauce
- 1 tsp maple syrup or sugar
- ground pepper, to taste
- Using a sharp knife or a special peeler, julienne mango, pepper and zuchinni. Tear lettuce leaves roughly.
- Whisk all the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside for the flavours to marry.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together all salad ingredients apart from nuts.
- Mix the dressing in, adjust seasoning. Serve sprinkled with nuts and a few leaves of mint and/or coriander.
There are two things that characterize Sarin — her laughter and her food. Sarin is passionate about food, especially Thai food, and she cooks taditional Thai with her own twist. Sarin also loves being a wife and mother.